Saturday, November 1, 2014

Jacaranda

In an earlier post, I included pictures of a number of flowering trees here in South Africa. The queen of all the flowering trees, I think must be the Jacaranda, which wasn't yet in bloom at the time. It is certainly in bloom right now and we can see their beautiful lavender canopies all over the area. Some streets are lined with them, and as they constantly shed their blossoms, the ground is carpeted in purple. In the richest neighborhoods and the poorest, Jacarandas equally share their beauty. I'm quite sure they are also sharing their pollen from my itchy eyes and runny nose, but they are so pretty that they just might be worth it.










1 comment:

  1. They sure are beautiful, you must let me know the fragrance.
    Just past the hight of the fall colors here, tree's are going skeletal it will soon will be all one color ...white and wind :-/
    Enjoy your season ;-) have I told you love this blog.

    ReplyDelete