Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Other Things We Will Miss

            I have done artwork since I was a teenager and ceramics for about 30 years. I taught art in high school, with most of my classes being ceramics. Because I love it, I have a studio here at our cabin and have worked in that studio a lot over the years. I will really miss having my hands in clay for such a long time.  

            Frank loves woodwork and has a workshop equipped with about every woodworking tool imaginable. He builds about anything--furniture, decorative boxes, toys, etc. He also turns pens and has created some beautiful pens for most of the family members (still has some promised.)

            We both love to work outside and I love gardening. Soon after moving here, we began to clear our empty lot across the street and we created a sort of nature park ,with our grandkids especially in mind. We planed it with many kinds of trees, bushes and flowers and this past summer, we put in an automatic sprinkler and drip system. The planting is still pretty immature, but already beautiful and we’ve had so much fun in the designing and implementing.


            We will really miss our work and our hobbies along with many other things but look forward to a new kind of work that will know will be exciting, challenging and creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment