Friday, January 3, 2014

Waiting for our Visas


Within days of receiving our mission call, we began to complete all of the paperwork that was needed for our particular mission. One that we were advised to expedite was the application for the FBI background check that is required for the Visa to South Africa. Since we had so many months before our reporting date, we thought that we were just being proactive and that we would be sitting on our suitcases, all prepared and waiting for several months. Instead, we are biting our fingernails wondering if we will have our Visas in time to enter the MTC and leave the country when planned. The initial applications with fingerprints were sent in early September. In mid November, I received notice that my fingerprints weren’t readable so I immediately had them re-done and sent them in. It is now January 4 and I still haven’t received a reply. I was finally told when I called today that the results were being mailed this weekend. Not sure whether the results are yes or no, but at least it’s progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment